Saturday, April 07, 2007

Blue and Brie

Today marks the seventh day since Blue and Brie have arrived at my house.

Last Sunday, THC called and told me she was bringing a friend and her hamsters to my home and if I could take them in.

Their owner kept saying that they were two males. And was unsure about their age and breed. They didn't even have names.

I will not forget how they looked like when the first arrived for a long, long time. I just couldn't believe it.

Not only were two adult pearl winterwhite females were sharing a cage that was meant to be a transport cage, I was told they lived in that! Their owner didn't even give them proper, clean bedding!!

It was covered with wet, dirty, smelly newspapers! There was NOT even a food bowl!! My God, if THC had not been there, I think I would have given her friend a piece of my mind.

I took a long time to clean the poor hams. Their lovely white fur was slightly matted and discoloured by the pee and ink mixture - even their paws where black. Their very clever owner did not bother to feed them before leaving the house with them, so they were very hungry by the time I could give them fresh food.

It is always so sad to see such neglected hams when my own get to live in such luxury where there is always fresh food and water, and clean bedding. I got quite upset that they didn't even have names, so I decided to name them after cheese this time.

Blue is doing very well now, but her sister Brie is very scrawny :(

Blue:
Blue

Brie:
Brie

...

Last night, dad took us out for dinner at River Palace restaurant. It wasn't entirely my type of thing, but the food was good.

As usual, most of the waiters/waitresses were PRC, and so I still think the service could have been better.

My dad's gf was there as well. She expected us to serve her, I think through out the whole dinner she only left her seat once -.-"

At the start of the dinner she very loudly declared that we shouldn't order too much because we cannot finish.

And THEN, when we were all done and full, SHE was the one STILL eating.

... Sigh. Tell me about it.

...

Mocha is much fatter now. No, the problem with his video is not settled. I refuse to think of it this weekend.

...

I finally got myself a batch of Moo Cards. It took me this long to save up, having splurged on Rz's Crumpler bag. It was meant to be his birthday present but he needed it earlier because his own bag was coming apart.

We both are not very big fans of Crumpler, and have never been. However, this time, there were no serious competitors, and we got him one from Crumpler because the strap came with ample cushioning.

It costs a bomb (to me), but I think it was money well-spent because he no longer complains about having backaches from carrying his bag around.

...

Over the week, I had a submission to make for uni, and so I left my MSN with a busy mode, and my nick read "Assignment mode . DND".

Some very intelligent lifeforms decided to ask me why I wasn't sleeping at all hours of the night.

abc : Fwah what you doing still up?
abc: Power lei you night owl lah.
*~rox.™~* says: Read my nick.

def: Eh you wanna CS?? I need last for match!
def: Come leh, very long no match w you orledi!
*~rox.™~* says: Read my status.
def: Wah lau how come you become so dao now sia...
def: Pretty orledi old frens forget liao ar!!
*~rox.™~* says: Bo eng lah. Assignment.
def: Aiya no need do lah.
*~rox.™~* says: -.-"

Well, you know about my comment "It never rains but pours with idiots"?

I think it has multiple references. Marvelous.


- 7 (Sigh) April 2007 9:28 am -

* Happy birthday ABL :)